This boutique style camp is an excellent way to empower your child with a useful skills, confidence and self-esteem.
At The Camp Couture, students learn basic design and sewing skills all the while making wearable garments in the process are challenging, fun and stylish! Camp Couture sessions are 1 week in length, however you may sign up for as many weeks as you want. We accommodate several different age groups and all levels. Campers ages range from 7 years -17 years.
You may attend as many weeks as you want. The curriculum changes weekly to make for a more fun sewing experience. Although we have a curriculum, we urge creative freedom to all students. Being creative is all about freedom.
Summer Camp reservations are made by filling out the registration form here.
Summer Camp Schedule 2018:
Session 1: Monday June 11th– Friday June 15th ; 9am-2:30pm
Session 2: Monday June 18th- Friday June 22nd; 9am-2:30pm
Session 3: Monday June 25th- Friday June 29th; 9am-2:30pm
**Session 4: Monday July 2th- Friday July 6th** ;9am-3:00pm
**July 4th week – we will add 1 hour to each class to make up for the holiday.
Session 5: Monday July 9th- Friday July 13th;9am-2:30pm
Session 6: Monday July 16th- Friday July 20th;9am-2:30pm
Session 7: Monday July 23- Friday July 27th;9am-2:30pm
Session 8: Monday July 30- Friday August 3rd ;9am-2:30pm
Session 9: Monday August 6th –Friday August 10th ; 9am-2:30pm
Session 10: Monday August 13th- Friday August 17th ;9am-2:30pm
Session 11: Monday August 20th- Friday August 24th; 9am-2:30pm
Summer Camp Location
The San Mateo Design Studio: 1628 Palm Ave. San Mateo, CA 94403
Summer Camp Information
Complete payment is required upon signing up.
Last minute drop-ins on Monday mornings may be accommodated. A late registration fee of $50 will be added. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
The Camp includes 27.5 hours of sewing instruction. All materials & machines provided.
The Studio Hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 p.m.
Camp Workshop Hours: 9:00 am – 2.30pm daily
AM Care Hours & Days 8:00am- 8:55am Monday – Friday and is a one time flat fee per week of $25.
Extended Care Hours 2.30pm-6:00pm Monday- Thursday and is a one time flat fee per week of $85 per day or $20 per hour. Friday aftercare is $20 per hour. Children are permitted to sew and use the studio.
NOTE: AM Care & Extended Care is ONLY provided for the day(s) you will be attending camp Extended care in the afternoon is separate from Camp instruction. Children may sew and create but not required. Please provide your child with coloring books, electronic entertainment devices additional snacks or money for food. Extended care is $20.00 per hour per child.
Summer Camp Pricing
Registration Fee & Tuition
1 Week is $550 which includes a $50 non-refundable registration fee.
The Non-Refundable Registration fee is $50 per week will be due upon the time of submission.
The Remaining Balance of $500 (per week) can be paid via Paypal* or by check, mailing directions below. The balance is due within 10 days of enrollment .
Please use the following format:
The Camp Couture
Attn: Week #
1628 Palm Ave.
San Mateo, CA 94403
Please mark in the Pay to the Order of section: The Camp Couture and mark in the Memo Section: Child’s Name and Week #.
*Please Note a $16.50 transaction fee will be added if you are paying the remaining balance by Paypal.
Summer Camp Reminders
- Camp runs Monday through Friday (June, July & August) from 9:00am -2:30pm
- Week 6, Camp will be in observance of the 4th of July holiday and will start on Tuesday July 5th and will extend an extra hour for the remainder of the week (Tuesday- Friday 9:00- 3:30pm).
- Lunch will not be provided, please bring a packed lunch and snacks.
- Up-cycling, please save old jeans, t-shirts, shorts, skirts, dresses and fabric that can be reconstructed.
- Friday Potluck, we coordinate a potluck with students for lunch at noon on Friday. Potluck items will be assigned by Wednesday. Bring your items on Friday morning.
- Friday Fashion Shows are at 2:30 pm, parents and family members and friends are welcome to attend. A typical fashion show lasts anywhere from 5-10 minutes and parents will have the opportunity to take photos in the design studio all threw out the show and after. Seating is limited and the show will start no later than 2:35pm.
Summer Camp Optional Add-Ons
We will have additional* fabric and trim for sale at the studio starting at $5 per 1/2 yard.
We will also have Camp Couture T-Shirts for sale, sewing machines and sewing kits and sewing project kits.